8.07.2007

Ugghh

So what happened to time? What happens to the days when you could do nothing but lie around watching Back To The Future on HBO for the 754th time? I guess I know to many musicians who do NOTHING all day. They are constantly broke, never go anywhere. But there's a part of all of us who are envious of thier lifestyle. No places to be except for the 3 nights a week travelling-at best-12 miles to a gig. Nothing that needs to "get done" everyday but maybe high score on Halo2.
I have a home, a lovely Fiance', dog, and soon to have a cat also. My free nights and weekends are spent doing things to the home, remodeling type things. I can't go out much anymore since the majority of my income is paying for the "lifestyle" [inside joke-C.D.] that I live.Then there's the other half of my friends. Money was never a problem for them so working was more of a hobby and household repairs and maintenence are left to simply writing a check and its taken care of. This leaves them every weekend to go somewhere either local, or to fly to Vegas for the weekend. I guess I am middle class....

2 comments:

shanniebug said...

Hey, I'm going to love our middle class life!

Web-chick said...

I guess that means I'm on the bottom end - no job, not a musician, no home, renting, driving freakin' 2 hours a day to a temp job in BFK! oh, did I mention, no love life, no boyfriend, no prospects?