8.08.2007

Barry Bonds

I am not much of a sports guy. I follow the interesting topics and watch big games. Most of my sports knowledge is acquired from sitting in bars watching TV with the sound turned off. Therefore, I have to figure out what the hell the ESPN guys are talking about.
So I just checked CNN.com, and the lead story was Mr. Bonds breaking the 756th home run. Good for you Mr Bonds. Now tell everyone else to go to hell. I was prob about 8 when Hank Aaron set the record. I think I did a book report on it in the 4th grade. The teacher chastised me for my writing skills. go figure.
Anyhoos, why not give Mr Bonds his due? Until the steroid scam is proven, give the guy some credit. Besides, did anyone take any awards away from Keef Richards for being under the influence during a recording or performance? How about Hendrix, or Joplin, or Morrison? These people screwed up so bad they didn't make it past 27! Barry bonds has played in the major Baseball league 2/3s of their life span!
I will personally give anyone the title to my '04 explorer if you can sit at a baseball park, with an automatic pitcher throwing you straight down the middle, for a week, and hit 500 home runs.Give the guy some credit for 5 minutes.

No comments: