4.03.2010

Bulldogs

Congrats to the Butler Bulldogs. It's Saturday night, and they just defeated MSU to go to the final game. Last time I was excited was the year Indiana played Maryland and lost. (2001?) It's been a bad year for my teams. Red Sox missed the World Series and the 'Effing Yankees won. The Colts lost to the Saints. At this point just seeing the "dawgs" get to the Final Four a mere 36 blocks from their campus was cool enough. Not a big sports guy, but Its a nice feeling to see the home teams do well.
In other news, I was finally able to purchase a new Macbook Pro. My wife caved in and let me put it on our Best Buy card. I used to enjoy working on my PC at work, only 1.5 years old, dual 19" monitors, fairly fast. Now I loathe just powering it on. My little MBPro sits next to the monitors,looking like a toy, but I can actually work on the Pro while waiting for the PC to reconnect to the server. I guess it may be the server, not the PC, but after a an exhaustive search of the network, the problem still alludes everyone.
Snow Leopard seems to work fairly well. My last Mac was a G4 running Tiger. Transferred most of my older programs, 50Gig of music, and re-assigned the iPhone to Mac. It seems to actually seem happier now, I don't know how-my old iPod reacted the same way-but it's definitely working better.
Too-da-loo.

No comments: