3.09.2008

Screw Ford Motor Co.


So I have a 2004 Explorer XLT. I am probably one of 2,439,655 people in the US that own this car. I bought it Dec 2005 with low miles and love it. It doesn't have all the features of the upgraded models or the Excursion. It does have a keyless entry pad on the driver door. I always thought this was the coolest. If you live in a large city- Indy being the 12th largest in the country- you get nervous leaving your car running. You go out in your driveway to warm it up, you pull in to a convenience store, or you don't want to carry your keys into a concert.
I bought the car from a used dealer. When the chick was running through the car before I drove off 2 things were apparent: A-it was really fricking cold and she wanted to get inside, B: she had never sold a Ford Explorer.
That's fine but I said-"Where do I find the code to the side door?" Her- "[pause].......It's in the owners manual"
About a week later I go through the book and nothing that helps me. I work with one guy formerly of Ford corporate, he made a call or two to friends and they said to bring it in and they will attach the diagnostic and tell me the code- for a measly $150!

So today I am fed up and start googling this process. I find a forum where someone has written in "how to" in my explorer. I spend about 5 minutes and there it is. Why are auto manufacturers such bastards? How could telling someone where and how be so difficult?

1 comment:

Butchie said...

That's why I work in the music industry. You NEVER get screwed over.