10.17.2007

Van Halen PIII

Well I guess I mis-blogged but who cares. I posted pics first then text. Myself, Tay and a couple of associates we work with scored six tix to VH. Tay and myself were planning on driving down with the associates and meeting Devo and Tyler. We all met up at the bar accross from Conseco Fieldhouse along with the entire southside of Indy.
After some serious pounding of drinks, we head in and find our seats. I was 20-30 feet from FOH, I could almost read the screen on his Smaart-live mac. FOHguy had a digidesign new console-(2 actually-the support used their own-kinda defeats the purpose of a digital board?)A small rack and an entire Protools setup with large monitor.
The band opened with You Really Got Me. Frickin great.
Robere's Likes:
Lighting was awesome.
Video looked great.
Sold out.
Wolfgang looked like he was on his 17th year of touring-not 17 years old.
David Lee was pro- not cocky.
Big Line Array!
Set list!
seeing the guy who essentially inspired me to play.
Robere's dislikes:
The mix in general- DLR's voice was buried.
Drum kit came and went.
The background vox were too perfect, I know it would be hard to sequence with a freeform rock band-but maybe?
I know that Conseco is a 155 feet from the floor the ceiling- it is a nightmare of a room, but I have heard 2 really good mixes in there.
Oh well, he's much better than me-he's got the gig!

Overall, it was great. seeing Devo get out of the house-he's one of the most devoted fathers you will ever meet.
Hanging out with my partner in crime-Tay,he's one of the most devoted GOLFERS you'll ever meet.

1 comment:

Butchie said...

Tay is a devoted ass-golfer.