10.30.2007

More Freedom


So Rock Star has taken matters into his own hands and this thing we call a gig is over. When I was 21, I met a band that I ended up working for 12 years. I was prepared for nightclub retirement when it was finished. I was called upon after about 2 months of "rest". Started working for RS using the system I helped put together at my last day job. It was a fun gig. 4 drummers, 3 bass players, 5 singers, 3 keyboard players and 4.5 years later its done. Well, done for me anyway. it's almost funny how the timing worked. I am taking a trailer, driving 6 hours west to pick up the rest of my fiance's stuff. i am taking the week of vacation I get once a year and spending it with her.
I don't know whats gonna happen. My life has been surrounded by driving to gigs, getting directions, advancing shows, mixing on some garage band PA, mixing on massive Vertec, EAW and X-array. One of my faves was a MT4 rig from DB sound at Elliot Hall-Purdue. I WONT miss most of the corporate gigs. I dont care if they throw 100 pound bricks of $20 bills at you-corporate gigs suck. Spend 19 hours trapped in the Hyatt, go to the hotel martini bar to kill time, only to pay $9 for a fricking Heineken. All the while the buyer is bitching about everything.
So I guess I will get on with phase 3 of my life. my beautiful wife to be could care less about the gigs anyway. She likes me because I have a large........blog.

1 comment:

shanniebug said...

Awww honey...I'm sad for you that it is over.