8.09.2007

new phone and other useless stuff

I recd a new phone from my great employer. I had purchased a Blackberry 8703e-the latest and greatest- last November. I was the first person to buy the Sprint monster in Indiana. After I figured everything out with no help from local or nationwide tech support, I enjoyed the little bastard. A real qwerty keyboard, work emails read at 2am while at a gig, pictures of my Fiance, dog and other assorted thingys.A great solitaire game for the boring gigs or the toilet.
My better half-living a 5 hour drive away- decided to get a sprint cellphone, so we could talk for free at anytime.
About a month ago, the boss announced that we were switching carriers. This annoyed me for two reasons:1. I purchased a $500 phone. 2. My fiance has 1.5yrs left on a Sprint contract.
Well, we are figuring out what to do, when to talk on which phone,(she has a work cell) and we'll get by until she moves here in-87 days(she's counting the days)
Anyhoos, my new Blackberry- it kicks ass. All of the little quirks with the old one are gone now. The best part- I bought a 2G micro SD card for $23 and I put the favorite songs on it. I am NOT going to clutter it up with band break music. I have a small(6G) ipod that is used for that crap. My mac has about 25G of music on it so I call it my $700 ipod.
So, thank you Blackberry and phone carrier company I won't plug here because they are all evil, and most of all my employers who put up with my bitching.

1 comment:

Butchie said...

All you really need is Booker T. & The MG's greatest hits and you have set break music for any show.