7.02.2007

John Mayer

I saw John on Saturday at soon to be demolished outdoor pavilion named after one of the phone providers. Some real estate guy bought it and the surrounding property to build an industrial park. GREAT. Now we can count on driving to Tinley Park in Chicago or shithole Riverbend in Cinci.
I will let that go for now. John was great with a somewhat short set but tight, solid and a great backing band. PA looked like an old ShowCo Prism, thought I'd see a line array?
The other great thing was the army of girls there, lots of make-up and very little clothing.I wondered if any of them were checking out his cool class A, handbuilt line of amplifiers? I wondered if they noticed the strat he was playing that was older than their parents? Do they get excited when John throws a little voodoo chile into a song? Pulls out a great Albert King riff? You know what?-I am getting old. I can't even go see Dave Mathews Band anymore. I am just not hip enough.

1 comment:

Butchie said...

John Mayer is using Prism boxes? WTF?